01 Jul Smoked salmon and Cream cheese Blinis
An easy-to-prepare and versatile delicacy which pairs well with both sweet and savory toppings.
Preparation : 35mins
Cooking : 10mins
Total waiting/resting: 1h30mins
Smoked salmon and cream cheese blinis goes well with white wine or apperatiffs.
|Full-cream milk (lukewarm)||500ml|
|Butter, softened (not melted)||20g|
(Cut into pieces of approx. 8cm in length)
|Chopped spring onions||½ cup|
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Dissolve yeast in a small amount of water and add this yeast mixture into the bowl of flour.
3. Add the eggs and then the lukewarm milk, little by little, while continuing to mix in a mixer or with a spatula to achieve a smooth mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 45mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
1. Stir the mixture using a spatula. Cover and let sit again for 45mins.
2. Finally, add the softened butter into the mixture. Mix it well until it has been fully incorporated.
1. Melt a knob of butter in a flat pan on medium-low heat heat.
2. Scoop the dough with a ladle onto the pan. Each piece should be made slightly thicker, (about 3-4mm thick). The size of each piece depends on your preference.
3. Flip the blini once you see small air bubbles on the top.
4. Brown the blinis on both sides.
1. Place a piece of smoked salmon and a small scoop of cream cheese on each blini.
2. Garnish with some spring onions and cracked black pepper before serving.